dedicated to the immigrants buried in mass graves in and near Falfurrias, Texas
1. I walk through a bald field blooming violet onions. I will know I am absolved when there is no more dirt underfoot, when I have flipped the earth and the river runs above us, a glassed belldark sound.
2. To find: liver, lung, womb. A lens cut from vulture eye. This is what it is to miss a thing.
3. At the McDonald’s, a man in a parked car will talk himself awake. This is another kind of hunger.
4. A prayer for the king: forty pears, all bloomed from young throats. Long life, a sea of rice, a thicket of braids.
5. Problem: Four boats arranged in a cross drift away from each other in opposing directions. What theory states that, all conditions remaining equal, they can reach each other again on the other side…
View original post 450 more words